The original enterprise, "Zavod vypocetni techniky CSAD KNV Prague" was founded in 1978 as a division of the state enterprise CSAD KNV Prague.
From the beginning of its existence, the company focused on the development and operating of automated control systems for transport services. These included in particular two projects, revolutionary at the time:
- Enterprise management for CSAD KNV Prague based on vehicle operation records run on regional microcomputer network SPU 800 interconnected through a switched network to the central computer for file transfers.
- AMS - nationwide automated seat reservation system for coach services run on the company data network, a first for Central and Eastern Europe, working in real time on a query-response basis. A fundamental and, as proven later, commendable decision was the upgrading of these products to UNIX operation system with the database client Informix. That gradually turned CSAD SVT into one of the few enterprises with extensive experience with these systems, successfully applied during an expansive business policy of developing application software for business areas other than transport.
As of 31 December 1990, the state enterprise CSAD KNV Prague discontinued its activities and Zavod vypocetni techniky was transformed into an independent state enterprise CSAD Computer Technology Services Prague. A group of employees developed a successful privatisation project eventually resulting in the registration of a limited liability company CSAD SVT Prague on 1 July 1994.
The company deals in consulting services, particularly in the area of transport services. It is worth mentioning, that in 1994 executive manager of the company Dr. Jan Kotik was appointed by the Transport Minister to co-ordinate the preparation and development of a unified information system for passenger transport service. Projects implemented under this programme include the following:
- Integrated systems of passenger clearance for Prague and Ostrava, implemented by MYPOL, a company founded by CSAD SVT Prague, Mikroelektronika spol. s r. o., APEX, s. r. o., and JKZ s. r. o. This project drew significant inspiration from the year-long experiences of the technicians with installations and maintenance of equipment in public transport vehicles in Santiago de Chile.
- A public tender and ensuing order from the Transport Ministry "Information Support to Regional Transport" developed for the Transport Bureau Information System. The order was realised in co-operation with CHAPS s.r.o.
- A public tender and ensuing order from the Regional Office of the Central Bohemia region "Optimisation of transport service with a view to a unified integrated public transport system within the Central Bohemian Region". The order was realised in co-operation with CHAPS s.r.o. and Czech Consult s.r.o.
- A public tender and ensuing order from the Transport Ministry "Shell modules for the nationwide timetable information system". The company acted as a subcontractor to CHAPS s. r. o.
Besides the above activities, the company has acted as the project manager for the application of Edifact in transport, supported by the PHARE C-Sped fund, and operated by the largest hauler in the Czech Republic, at the time SCANSPED Liberec. Another successful delivery was a tailored application for the haulers' association CESMAD Bohemia, including modules for carnet processing for TIR transport. Other interesting orders included those from Czech Airlines (software for warehousing and catering) and PVT (salary and HR management modules).
Co-operation with foreign companies has not always been seamless. In particular, problems occurred in the case of the sale and installation of on-board computers Rutatrol by the Argentine company TESMA, equipped with a flow-meter for monitoring and data processing in vehicle operations, in particular coaches as well as diesel engines or river boats; another case was the modification of the haulage system PAS-SPED of the German OR Computers used by Czech companies.
The most prominent success outside the transportation sphere came with winning the contract for the supply of a comprehensive system for the processing of criminal records of the Crimes Register of the Czech Republic. Another customer from the government sphere was the House of Representatives of the Parliament, ordering applications for assets management. The company has also provided applications for tax administrations (ADIS) for the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic and the fiscal authorities.
Drawing on our experience with booking systems, the company has developed a system for the booking and selling of tickets for BTI Prague, used to date for booking and selling tickets for various cultural and sports events in the Czech Republic as well as abroad.
In 1997, the company established a branch in Pilsen, whose core product is the ADONIS system.
In 2001, the company started BUSportal - an Internet magazine on coach travel. BUSportal is visited by more than 50 thousand visitors each month. BUSportal is a good place for plenty of information as well as for advertising.
In 2003, the company founded SVT Slovakia s.r.o, primarily in order to facilitate better communication with Slovak customers.
The clearing system CARDS EXCHANGE was implemented in Central Bohemia region on 1st August 2004 and for ICOM transport group on 1st January 2005.
An agreement on transfer of shares between current partners of ČSAD SVT Praha, s.r.o. and CHAPS spol. s r.o. was signed on May 24th, 2010. This change was registered in the Commercial Register on June 10th, 2010. CHAPS spol. s r.o., as the only owner, affirms that all commitments of ČSAD SVT Praha, s.r.o. will continue to apply, subject of business will retain, eventually expand. Present management, namely CEO RNDr. Jiří Zdobnický and CMO RNDr. Jan Kotík, are going to continue in leading the company.